Our statement of faith
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm His virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, crucifixion, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit enables believers to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Church, the Body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
- Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead, those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
What denomination are we a part of?
Philpott Memorial Church is a member congregation in the Associated Gospel Churches of Canada (AGC). The AGC is not a denomination, but a collection of autonomous churches whose partnership in the Gospel is rooted in a common vision and theology. As an AGC church, our teaching conforms to the AGC’s statement of faith. Members of PMC are expected to affirm all points of the PMC statement of faith; issues not included in the PMC statement are considered disputable, and we extend grace and charity on these secondary matters.