1. “Recharge”…a Drop In center
A number of us from Philpott have been meeting almost weekly, at this collaboration between the Chaplain’s office of the Salvation Army and PMC Urban ministry. This is a great opportunity to meet folks who spend a lot of time on the street (some are homeless) whom we bump into as we walk up the stairs to enter the church.
Currently, we have been meeting on Fridays at 12:30pm but are looking for volunteers on other days and evenings. If you could see yourself volunteering to meet with folks off the street for a Morning, Afternoon or Evening session (2hr) please contact Geoff Beatty.
Needed: complete puzzle sets, used guitars, picture books (travel etc.), paint or drawing supplies
2. One-2-One English Conversation Partners (bringing Newcomers and the Philpott Community together)
You don’t have to be a teacher to get involved in this great opportunity to meet an international.
1. Join us as a conversation Volunteer: Mondays from 6:30-8pm in the Atrium
2. Submit your name as a conversation partner who is ready to meet regularly during the week with one of our Newcomer friends.
3. Furniture Distribution Ministry - Do you know someone who needs Furniture but can't afford it? Philpott church has a container where our donated inventory includes furniture & kitchen supplies for distribution among newcomers & needy of our city. Check out the Google doc for inventory: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XeNoOemKUBs_pf9dQ8vvMeMDg3WXfdq1UHQXEMd5jnQ/edit?usp=sharing.
For more information, contact Geoff Beatty: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 289-775-1648.