Family Life Ministry
At Philpott Memorial Church we believe that our role is to equip the extended family to intentionally disciple their children. We will support and equip the family to do this, using an intergenerational model of discipleship. Our role is to partner with the home to make life-long disciples.
- More intergenerational and less age-segregated discipleship activities;
- The church actively engaged in praying for the next generations;
- Children and youth part of corporate worship on a regular basis;
- Leadership training of youth;
- Intergenerational service projects tied to the mission of the church and used as part of discipleship process; and
- Emphasis on spiritual disciplines as part of the discipleship process.
Ministry to children and youth is carried out by both paid staff members and trained volunteers. We are a member of Winning Kids and use the Plan to Protect standard of abuse prevention and child/youth protection.